Drugs recovered from boxer Ram Singh's relative's house: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: In a fresh trouble for star boxer Vijender Singh, the Punjab Police have reportedly recovered drugs from his sparring partner Ram Singh’s relatives’ home.
5 kg of ice – a recreational drug – has been recovered from Singh’s brother-in-law’s house.
The police also reportedly have recovered 90 kg of Pseudoephedrine, a banned performance enhancing drug from the house.
Ram Singh confessed to have consumed drug after being questioned by Punjab Police following the arrest of drug racket`s alleged kingpin, Anoop Singh Kahlon in March this year.
The recovery of a car, registered in the name of Vijender`s wife, outside the Zirakpur flat belonging to Anoop from where heroin worth Rs 130 crore was recovered last month, led to the boxer`s name cropping up in the scandal.
Punjab Police on Sunday claimed that Vijender had consumed heroin 12 times after procuring it from Anoop.
The drug scandal implicating Vijender took a new twist on Tuesday with his fellow boxer and Asian Games silver-medallist Dinesh Kumar claiming that Punjab Police planted the star pugilist`s car outside the flat from where heroin was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...