Drugs recovered from boxer Ram Singh's relative's house: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: In a fresh trouble for star boxer Vijender Singh, the Punjab Police have reportedly recovered drugs from his sparring partner Ram Singh’s relatives’ home.
5 kg of ice – a recreational drug – has been recovered from Singh’s brother-in-law’s house.
The police also reportedly have recovered 90 kg of Pseudoephedrine, a banned performance enhancing drug from the house.
Ram Singh confessed to have consumed drug after being questioned by Punjab Police following the arrest of drug racket`s alleged kingpin, Anoop Singh Kahlon in March this year.
The recovery of a car, registered in the name of Vijender`s wife, outside the Zirakpur flat belonging to Anoop from where heroin worth Rs 130 crore was recovered last month, led to the boxer`s name cropping up in the scandal.
Punjab Police on Sunday claimed that Vijender had consumed heroin 12 times after procuring it from Anoop.
The drug scandal implicating Vijender took a new twist on Tuesday with his fellow boxer and Asian Games silver-medallist Dinesh Kumar claiming that Punjab Police planted the star pugilist`s car outside the flat from where heroin was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Government vows to crack down on super-rich tax evaders
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Sting row: Harish Rawat asked to appear before CBI on May 24
- Soldier wounded in gunfight in Kashmir dies
- Tata Motors in talks to set up car unit in Iran