Drugs recovered from boxer Ram Singh's relative's house: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: In a fresh trouble for star boxer Vijender Singh, the Punjab Police have reportedly recovered drugs from his sparring partner Ram Singh’s relatives’ home.
5 kg of ice – a recreational drug – has been recovered from Singh’s brother-in-law’s house.
The police also reportedly have recovered 90 kg of Pseudoephedrine, a banned performance enhancing drug from the house.
Ram Singh confessed to have consumed drug after being questioned by Punjab Police following the arrest of drug racket`s alleged kingpin, Anoop Singh Kahlon in March this year.
The recovery of a car, registered in the name of Vijender`s wife, outside the Zirakpur flat belonging to Anoop from where heroin worth Rs 130 crore was recovered last month, led to the boxer`s name cropping up in the scandal.
Punjab Police on Sunday claimed that Vijender had consumed heroin 12 times after procuring it from Anoop.
The drug scandal implicating Vijender took a new twist on Tuesday with his fellow boxer and Asian Games silver-medallist Dinesh Kumar claiming that Punjab Police planted the star pugilist`s car outside the flat from where heroin was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB