Dwight Howard ejected in Lakers loss to Raptors
Toronto: Los Angeles Lakers centre Dwight Howard was ejected in the team`s 103-108 loss to the Toronto Raptors in NBA action.
The ejection occurred with 1:18 left in the second quarter when Howard and Raptors forward Alan Anderson got tangled after a successful free throw by Metta World Peace Sunday.
Both players received a technical foul for their rough behaviour; Howard`s was his second of the game. He had picked up one at the 4:43 mark of the first quarter after his shot was blocked by Raptors centre Aaron Gray.
Following the game, Howard was not available to media for comments and had already left the locker room once the doors were opened to the media for post-game coverage.
Lakers head coach Mike D`Antoni refused to offer an opinion on the incident saying "That`s the referee`s call".
Teammate Kobe Bryant did not hold back on his opinion of the play and was furious of the second technical foul issued to Howard.
"I really don`t agree with that one at all. What`s a player supposed to do? The guy is confronted, trying to walk back up the court," said Bryant.
"The official told me he should just walk away. I said, `What should he do, what back to the bench?` There`s nothing he can do. A guy comes up to him, puts a forearm in his chest and you say one thing and now it`s a double technical. I just don`t agree with that," added Bryant.
With two technical fouls, Howard has accumulated a total of 80 in his nine-year NBA career with the Magic and Lakers. His ejection is his second of the season and his third of his career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people