Dwight Howard ejected in Lakers loss to Raptors
Toronto: Los Angeles Lakers centre Dwight Howard was ejected in the team`s 103-108 loss to the Toronto Raptors in NBA action.
The ejection occurred with 1:18 left in the second quarter when Howard and Raptors forward Alan Anderson got tangled after a successful free throw by Metta World Peace Sunday.
Both players received a technical foul for their rough behaviour; Howard`s was his second of the game. He had picked up one at the 4:43 mark of the first quarter after his shot was blocked by Raptors centre Aaron Gray.
Following the game, Howard was not available to media for comments and had already left the locker room once the doors were opened to the media for post-game coverage.
Lakers head coach Mike D`Antoni refused to offer an opinion on the incident saying "That`s the referee`s call".
Teammate Kobe Bryant did not hold back on his opinion of the play and was furious of the second technical foul issued to Howard.
"I really don`t agree with that one at all. What`s a player supposed to do? The guy is confronted, trying to walk back up the court," said Bryant.
"The official told me he should just walk away. I said, `What should he do, what back to the bench?` There`s nothing he can do. A guy comes up to him, puts a forearm in his chest and you say one thing and now it`s a double technical. I just don`t agree with that," added Bryant.
With two technical fouls, Howard has accumulated a total of 80 in his nine-year NBA career with the Magic and Lakers. His ejection is his second of the season and his third of his career.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'