Easy wins for Indian teams at Kabaddi World Cup
Hoshiarpur: Indian men registered their second win of the 2013 Kabaddi World Cup as they breezed past Spain in their group match while women`s team defeated Kenya in an easy encounter here on Tuesday.
India beat Spain 55-27 in their Pool A match at the Lajwanti Stadium. The Indian eves overwhelmed Kenya 56-21 to bag their second win in as many matches.
The men`s team will now take on Kenya on December 5 while their female counterparts will face United States on December 7.
Twelve nations are participating in the men`s section and women`s competition has eight teams in fray. The fourth edition was inaugurated by Punjab Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka at outdoor stadium Hoshiarpur and was introduced to the players of all the participating teams.
Speaking on the occasion, Maluka said that due to the efforts of the Punjab government Kabaddi has now got international status. He said that Punjab was laying more stress on sports and the budget of sports department has been enhanced to Rs 142 crore from the earlier budget of Rs 12 crore.
He said that his government has enhanced the prize money for Olympic gold winner to Rs 2.5 crores from Rs one crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan