Elaborate medical arrangements for CWG
New Delhi: A medical team of close to 2000 people, including 386 doctors, will be deployed during the Commonwealth Games to make the mega event a health-hazard free sporting spectacle, the organisers said.
"We are arranging elaborate medical covers for athletes and also the spectators. This is one of the important aspects of the organisation. In fact, the team has already started supervising works in the city," Games` Chief Medical Officer Bharatinder Singh said at a press conference.
A total of 386 doctors will be part of the 1882-member team, which also includes 262 nurses, 103 physiotherapists, 95 message therapists and 179 medical volunteers.
"The three designated hospitals for the Games - G B Pant Hospital, JPN Apex Trauma Centre in AIIMS and Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital - are ready now. They would be used in case of any exigencies," Singh said.
Singh also hoped that the Sports Injury Centre at the Safdarjung Hospital would be ready soon.
Arrangements are also being made for a polyclinic at the Games Village, medical centres at all stadia, competition and training venues and road races, first-aid posts for spectators at competition venues and round-the-clock cover at the Main Press Centre and International Broadcasting Centre at Pragati Maidan.
"A polyclinic is coming up at the Games Village on an area of 850 square metre. It will work on 24X7 basis and will be manned by dedicated staff. It also has specialist doctors and a laboratory equipped with all updated facilities."
The Polyclinic will be handed over on September 7, while the medical centres at the stadia are all ready, he said.
There will also be 64 ambulances with 857 crew to offer round-the-clock services.
"We are also concentrating on the training venues because the athletes undergo tough drills at those venues and injury can take place at any time. The secondary staff support will be available all the time there," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH