England eye positive result against Belgium in Hockey World League Final QF
New Delhi: Unbeaten England are brimming with confidence ahead of their quarterfinal clash against Belgium at the Hero Hockey World League Final here tomorrow, said the team`s captain Barry Middleton.
With three wins out of as many games, England topped Pool A and will play Poob laggards Belgium in the first quarterfinal at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium.
"Being at the top of the pool and the excellent game that we have played so far gives us great confidence, which is essential to play well in the upcoming matches. We are definitely looking forward to deliver good results ahead in the tournament," Middleton said after the team`s practice session today.
"We have played Belgium many times and hence are aware about their game. They are a pretty strong squad and it is really going to be a tough game tomorrow. We will be playing our usual game and I think we have good chances for all the upcoming matches," he added.
Meanwhile, having managed only a draw from their three pool games, Belgium will definitely start tomorrow`s game as underdogs and will have to play out of their skin to down England.
"We are practicing more on passing and shooting and have prepared ourselves to put up a good show against England. We just want to play our game like we did against Netherlands. We will fight for the ball and win it for ourselves," Belgium captain Felix Denayer said about his side`s preparations.
Belgium coach Marc Lammers added: "It is really important for us to close the injections by England. We have to play like a team and showcase a good team spirit. With our pace in the midfield, I think we can convert them into goals. The England team looks fitter and stronger; however, we will follow the planned strategies. We will fight for it and focus on our game."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi