Ex-British boxing champ`s body found stuffed into freezers
London: A former British boxing champion was dismembered and the body parts stuffed into freezers at his home, a court has heard.
The body of Shaun Cummins, a former WBA light-middleweight champion, was discovered at his bungalow after neighbours complained of a stench last Wednesday. He had been left paralysed after an accident in 2004 and was last seen alive Sep. 1, as per media reports.
Police searched his home in Leicester and found human body parts hidden in freezers.
On Saturday, a man named Thomas Dunkley, 28, appeared at Leicester Magistrates Court Saturday, charged with murder. He was arrested in West Yorkshire and was slapped with a murder charge last Friday.
Cummins had retired from boxing in 1995 with a record of 22 wins, six defeats and a draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon