Ex-British boxing champ`s body found stuffed into freezers
London: A former British boxing champion was dismembered and the body parts stuffed into freezers at his home, a court has heard.
The body of Shaun Cummins, a former WBA light-middleweight champion, was discovered at his bungalow after neighbours complained of a stench last Wednesday. He had been left paralysed after an accident in 2004 and was last seen alive Sep. 1, as per media reports.
Police searched his home in Leicester and found human body parts hidden in freezers.
On Saturday, a man named Thomas Dunkley, 28, appeared at Leicester Magistrates Court Saturday, charged with murder. He was arrested in West Yorkshire and was slapped with a murder charge last Friday.
Cummins had retired from boxing in 1995 with a record of 22 wins, six defeats and a draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- RBI slaps penalty on UCO Bank, Allahabad Bank, Bank of India
- No relief! Court dismisses bail plea of AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan; sent to 14-day judicial custody
- SBI launches debit card-less instant money transfer facility
- Swara Bhaskar to lose weight for 'Veere Di Wedding'
- Investor account to earn benefits on freezed accounts too: AMFI