Ex Chelsea player investigated after calling Danielle Lloyd `a raging s***`
29-year-old Knight had an argument through the social network last week with Lloyd’s husband, Wolverhampton Wanderers footballer Jamie O’Hara, with whom she has two children.
A spokesman for Staffordshire Police confirmed that they were looking into the matter after they received a report of malicious communications.
“We are aware of the incident and are dealing with it along with Thames Valley Police,” the Daily Mail quoted a spokesman as saying.
O’Hara, 25, was incensed after Knight tweeted to him: “You’re married correct !! But ur married to a raging s**t bag [sic]”
He followed up the comment with many other accusations relating to the 28-year-old model’s past, insinuating that she’d played the field with many other footballers in her time.
“If at @leonknight82 has got a problem he should give me a call instead of giving the bigun on twitter to a women with two kids,” he wrote.
“To all people asking me about Leon knight this is now in the hands of the police and my lawyers, jealousy is the route to all evil,” he tweeted.
Clearly upset, Lloyd later took to her own page and wrote: “Sadly I might be coming off twitter as I can’t take much more abuse from scum when all am trying to do is be a good mum and wife I love all[sic].”
However, she later changed her mind about shutting down her Twitter account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read