Ex Steenkamp murder case detective says media offered upto $50 000 for shot door pics
Johannesburg: The former investigating officer of the Reeva Steenkamp murder case has said the media offered big money to the police for photographs of the door through which Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend Steenkamp.
Hilton Botha, who had recently resigned from the South African police force, claimed that he was told that many police officers were offered 50, 000 dollars by the media for shots of the door, a few days after the Valentine``s Day shooting, News24 reports.
According to Botha, he then realised that the door needed to be removed from the scene to protect it from snooping reporters, adding that such a happening would have impeded the cases of both sides.
Botha further said that the door was already set to be removed from the crime scene as it was a piece of evidence and required forensic tests to be conducted on it.
In an affidavit submitted as part of his bail application, Pistorius said he thought he was shooting at an intruder, through a closed bathroom door, after which he was granted bail in late February, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray