Ex Steenkamp murder case detective says media offered upto $50 000 for shot door pics
Johannesburg: The former investigating officer of the Reeva Steenkamp murder case has said the media offered big money to the police for photographs of the door through which Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend Steenkamp.
Hilton Botha, who had recently resigned from the South African police force, claimed that he was told that many police officers were offered 50, 000 dollars by the media for shots of the door, a few days after the Valentine``s Day shooting, News24 reports.
According to Botha, he then realised that the door needed to be removed from the scene to protect it from snooping reporters, adding that such a happening would have impeded the cases of both sides.
Botha further said that the door was already set to be removed from the crime scene as it was a piece of evidence and required forensic tests to be conducted on it.
In an affidavit submitted as part of his bail application, Pistorius said he thought he was shooting at an intruder, through a closed bathroom door, after which he was granted bail in late February, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room