Ex Steenkamp murder case detective says media offered upto $50 000 for shot door pics
Johannesburg: The former investigating officer of the Reeva Steenkamp murder case has said the media offered big money to the police for photographs of the door through which Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend Steenkamp.
Hilton Botha, who had recently resigned from the South African police force, claimed that he was told that many police officers were offered 50, 000 dollars by the media for shots of the door, a few days after the Valentine``s Day shooting, News24 reports.
According to Botha, he then realised that the door needed to be removed from the scene to protect it from snooping reporters, adding that such a happening would have impeded the cases of both sides.
Botha further said that the door was already set to be removed from the crime scene as it was a piece of evidence and required forensic tests to be conducted on it.
In an affidavit submitted as part of his bail application, Pistorius said he thought he was shooting at an intruder, through a closed bathroom door, after which he was granted bail in late February, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion