Ex Steenkamp murder case detective says media offered upto $50 000 for shot door pics
Johannesburg: The former investigating officer of the Reeva Steenkamp murder case has said the media offered big money to the police for photographs of the door through which Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend Steenkamp.
Hilton Botha, who had recently resigned from the South African police force, claimed that he was told that many police officers were offered 50, 000 dollars by the media for shots of the door, a few days after the Valentine``s Day shooting, News24 reports.
According to Botha, he then realised that the door needed to be removed from the scene to protect it from snooping reporters, adding that such a happening would have impeded the cases of both sides.
Botha further said that the door was already set to be removed from the crime scene as it was a piece of evidence and required forensic tests to be conducted on it.
In an affidavit submitted as part of his bail application, Pistorius said he thought he was shooting at an intruder, through a closed bathroom door, after which he was granted bail in late February, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling