Ex-teammate Hamilton expects `disgraced` Armstrong to fight back
Johannesburg: Lance Armstrong`s former team-mate Tyler Hamilton believes the American cyclist won`t sit silent for long and expects a fight back from the banned athlete. Armstrong was earlier this year stripped of his seven Tour titles and lost most of his sponsors after the US Anti-Doping Agency said he had been at the front of a systematic doping programme, Sport 24 reports.
Hamilton was in the same US Postal team as Armstrong from 1999 to 2001 and helped him to three of the Tour titles, but later accused him of doping during this time, it added. Hamilton said Armstrong is a very strong person and some one who believes he can carry the whole world on its shoulder. He added that since Armstrong has lost all his title, he wouldn`t stay quite for long and will do anything to reclaim his glory days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report