FIH president Negre`s India visit postponed
New Delhi: International Hockey Federation (FIH) president Leandro Negre`s proposed visit to India this week has been postponed for the time being due to personal problems.
With an aim to resolve the long-standing dispute between Hockey India and Indian Hockey Federation, the FIH president was scheduled to arrive here today on a three-day visit.
But according to sources in HI, Negre has deferred his visit till the end of this month.
"Leandro Negre has postponed his tour to India. We don`t know the exact reason but it seems he has some personal problems. He is now expected to come here by the end of this month or early May," a source in HI said.
Negre, along with FIH vice-president Antonio von Ondarza and chief executive officer Kelly Fairweather, were scheduled to arrive here today and hold meetings with all the concerned parties to sort out the differences between HI and IHF before leaving the country on April 13.
Earlier this year during the London Olympic qualifiers, Negre had promised to visit India soon to help both HI and IHF in sorting out their differences.
During Olympic qualifiers in February this year, the FIH president had given both HI and IHF a month`s time to resolve their problems.
But more than a month has passed and the two warring federations have so far failed to find out a solution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal