FINA approves mixed-gender swimming relays for 2015 world championship event
Connecticut: The world governing body for swimming has added mixed-gender swimming relays to its events, which will be in place for a major international meet for the first time at the 2014 short-course world championships.
Two women per country could be on the program at the following world championships in 2015 in Kazan, Russia with FINA also saying that mixed relays could be added to the Olympics at some point, but that step has not been taken yet.
The report said that mixed relays at World Cup events, the Youth Olympics and, famously, at the Duel in the Pool meet between the US and international stars had already been held.
Australian Olympic champion Libby Trickett went faster than the women`s 100-meter freestyle world record in the leadoff leg of the 4x100 free relay at the 2007 Duel in the Pool, but it didn`t go into the record books because she did it swimming against Michael Phelps, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof