Final decision on IBF very soon: AIBA
New Delhi: Livid with the continuing deadlock in the Indian Boxing Federation, the International Boxing Association (AIBA) has promised a "final decision" on its suspension very soon but has barred IBF officials from conducting meetings or representing the body at any forum.
In a strongly-worded missive, the AIBA has stated that it will not tolerate continued defiance of its instructions by the suspended IBF. The latest communication from the AIBA came after IBF Secretary General Rajesh Bhandari notified the state units of a planned Annual General Meeting on March 4 to pass an amended constitution.
"As far as AIBA is concerned the IBF does not have any validly appointed officials. In other words, it is the position of AIBA that the organisation or persons who are attempting to convene the March 4 meeting and AGM have no authority or the right to do so," AIBA Executive Director Ho Kim said in a letter, a copy of which is with PTI.
"AIBA cannot continue to tolerate a situation where its instructions are consistently ignored by people claiming to represent the interests of the sport of boxing in India," the letter addressed to India`s AIBA representative Kishen Narsi added.
The IBF was banned in December 2012 due to the Indian Olympic Association`s suspension from the IOC and "possible manipulation" in its own elections conducted in September 2012.
The AIBA has been continuously instructing the IBF to conduct a fresh election and amend its constitution to make it compliant with the international statute to get the suspension revoked. But the IBF has missed two deadlines to complete the task and the logjam has led to a revolt by some state units, which even wrote to the world body seeking its intervention in the matter.
The complications prompted AIBA to state in December last year that it would now only coordinate with the Indian Olympic Association to resolve the situation.
But the latest IBF step of calling an AGM has angered the world body yet again. "AIBA is in the process of making its final decision in regard to all matters pertaining to the IBF as a continuous suspension status will only further damage the boxers and the boxing development in India. AIBA will inform all members very soon of its final decision," he said.
The latest letter by the AIBA could also mean that IBF President Abhshek Matoria, senior vice-President Bhupinder Singh and Manipur Boxing Association Secretary General Khoibi Salam would stand inelgible to represent the body in the February 9 IOA elections.
Due to the international suspension, Indian boxers have been competing under the AIBA flag at international events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly