First Paralympic gold goes to China
London: China`s Zhang Cuiping won the first gold medal of the London Paralympic Games with a world record performance.
Zhang, 24, notched up 500.9 points on aggregate to win the R2-10-metre air rifle standing-SH1, setting a world record of 104.9 points in the final Thursday.
The silver went to German shooter Manuela Schmermund with 493.6 points, while Australia`s Natalie Smith won bronze with 492.4 points.
The Paralympics were opened in London Wednesday and end Sep 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family