First Paralympic gold goes to China
London: China`s Zhang Cuiping won the first gold medal of the London Paralympic Games with a world record performance.
Zhang, 24, notched up 500.9 points on aggregate to win the R2-10-metre air rifle standing-SH1, setting a world record of 104.9 points in the final Thursday.
The silver went to German shooter Manuela Schmermund with 493.6 points, while Australia`s Natalie Smith won bronze with 492.4 points.
The Paralympics were opened in London Wednesday and end Sep 9.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis