First six matches of HIL watched by 1.46 crore people
New Delhi: The inaugural edition of the Hero Hockey India League (HIL) has painted an extremely cheerful picture for the broadcasters so far with the first six matches of the tournament recording an impressive viewership of 1.46 crore.
According to data shared by research agency TAM, HIL, at 1.46 crores, is 1.7 times the UEFA EURO 2012 reach for the first six matches, said a release from ESPN Software India Pvt Ltd.
This is easily the best result achieved by any hockey league ever in the country.
World Series Hockey (WSH) at the end of the first week had registered 0.63 crore viewership. Full tournament reach of 2012 Men`s Hockey Champions Trophy, where India made the semifinals, was 0.58 crore.
Not just Hockey, HIL has delivered an astonishing 24 times the average weekly reach of I-league. Even when compared with a high profile multi-nation tournament like UEFA EURO 2012, HIL`s TV performance is creditable.
Telecast of UEFA EURO 2012 in India garnered reach of 0.85 crore individuals for the first six matches as compared to HIL`s telecast where 1.46 crore individuals have seen the telecast for the same number of matches.
Speaking on the occasion, Aloke Malik, Managing Director, ESPN Software India Pvt Ltd, said, "We are absolutely delighted. Reach garnered by the broadcast of Hero Hockey India League in the first week vindicates the confidence we had in this tourney."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi