Flintoff appears slimmer after winning debut boxing bout
London: Andrew Flintoff, who had suffered from Bulimia during his teenage, looks a shadow of his former self as his weight stays off following his debut boxing.
Flintoff recently silenced critics when he beat Richard Dawson in his heavyweight boxing debut that lasted just eight minutes, and it seems he has managed to keep any excess weight off since his surprise victory and has perhaps lost even more.
The 34-year-old former cricketer stepped out on Thursday looking increasingly slim as he enjoyed a night out with the boys, which included David Beckham and James Corden.
Dressed in a loose-fitting pair of blue jeans, with a shirt and blue jumper, Flintoff’s slim frame was obvious, and he had recently revealed that winning his first boxing match was a personal battle.
“This was a personal battle. The battles with my mind and breaking down barriers every day and improving has been as good as anything. I don`t want the open top buses but I can go to bed tonight and close my eyes knowing I`ve overcome a few things,” the Daily Mail quoted Flintoff, as saying.
“I`ve had a few personal issues. Every time walking between the ropes has been an effort. The physical aspect is one thing but the mental aspect is another thing completely,” he added.
Earlier this year the blonde-haired star revealed how he battled with bulimia in the early stages of his career and he also shed over three-and-a-half stone in preparation for his maiden bout.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview