Flintoff undecided over boxing future following debut win
London: Former England Test captain Andrew Flintoff has claimed he will wait until after Christmas to decide whether he wants to carry on boxing.
Flintoff said he wants time off after battling back from a knockdown to scrape a points win in his debut bout against Richard Dawson.
“I just want some time off. I want a nice Christmas and not get up every day and go through what I’ve been through for the past four and a half months. After Christmas I’ll start deciding what’s next,” the Daily Star quoted Flintoff, as saying.
The former England cricket captain lost more than three stone as he trained for the bout, and weighed in two stone lighter than his US opponent.
Freddie added: “I sprouted a few abs out of my belly. It’s like the physical aspect is one thing and the mental aspect is another thing. I take my hat off to boxers.”
“I think I got the full experience – the canvas, the black eye and the win. It was like an out-of-body experience, unbelievable,” he added.
Flintoff won the bout in Manchester by 39 points to 38.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'