Former AFI president Jadam passes away
New Delhi: Former President of Athletics Federation of India, M L Jadam has passed away at his home at Ajmer after a cardiac arrest.
Jadam, who passed away on Saturday, was 78.
Associated with athletics for more than five decades, Jadam held various posts in AFI starting as Joint Secretary in early sixties, Honorary Secretary between 1969 and 1972 before retiring as its President in 2012.
A former Railway employee, Jadam was also involved with other sports and served under various capacities in both Rajasthan state and national sports federations, the AFI said.
The AFI has expressed profound grief at his passing away and has sent condolences to the members of his bereaved family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`