Former captain Chettri goes unsold at HIL auction
New Delhi: Former India captain and goalkeeper Bharat Chettri went unsold at the Hockey India League (HIL) player`s auction here Sunday.
The Kalingpong boy had a reserve price of $18,550. Chettri, who led India at the London Olympics, was among those who were dropped from the Indian squad following their poor performance at the Games.
Goalie P.R. Sreejesh, with a reserve price of $13,900, was sold to Mumbai Magicians for $38,000 while P.T Rao, who made an impressive debut at the age of 34 at the Champions Trophy, was also sold to Mumbai for $17,000.
Rao had a reserve price of $5,600.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP