Former Delhi state footballer Arunesh Sharma passes away
New Delhi: Former Delhi state footballer Arunesh Sharma, who represented India at junior level, has passed away at a city hospital following a brief illness.
Popularly known as Chochi in Delhi football circles, Sharma, 67, is survived by his wife and two daughters.
Sharma, a left-winger, started his playing career in 1962 and represented Delhi in National Junior Championship at Allahabad, Ajmer and Cuttack in 1962, 1964, 1965.
He represented Delhi football team in Senior Nationals held in Coimbatore and Jalandhar from 1967 to 1969. He also represented India in Asian Youth Football Championship held in Bangkok in 1967.
The AIFF and DSA nominated him as a Director of AFC`s Vision Delhi Pilot Project in 1992-93. He was a regular player of Delhi`s Shimla Youngs FC and was a popular figure in DSA Senior Division league from 1969 to 198O.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users