Former Delhi state footballer Arunesh Sharma passes away
New Delhi: Former Delhi state footballer Arunesh Sharma, who represented India at junior level, has passed away at a city hospital following a brief illness.
Popularly known as Chochi in Delhi football circles, Sharma, 67, is survived by his wife and two daughters.
Sharma, a left-winger, started his playing career in 1962 and represented Delhi in National Junior Championship at Allahabad, Ajmer and Cuttack in 1962, 1964, 1965.
He represented Delhi football team in Senior Nationals held in Coimbatore and Jalandhar from 1967 to 1969. He also represented India in Asian Youth Football Championship held in Bangkok in 1967.
The AIFF and DSA nominated him as a Director of AFC`s Vision Delhi Pilot Project in 1992-93. He was a regular player of Delhi`s Shimla Youngs FC and was a popular figure in DSA Senior Division league from 1969 to 198O.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi