Four Indians in quarterfinals of Asian Billiards Championship
Indore: Four Indian cueists booked quarterfinal berths in the 12th ONGC Asian Billiards Championship after the completion of round-robin stage here on Thursday.
Rupesh Shah, Alok Kumar, B Bhaskar and K Venkatesham advanced to the knockout stage after winning their respective matches at the Indore Tennis Club.
Rupesh claimed the top seed without losing any game out of three matches he played. He blanked Nguyen Thanh Long of Vietnam 4-0, scoring breaks of 101 and 99 points in opening two games on Thursday.
Alok Kumar topped Group D without losing any match. However, he finished as number three. The other two Indians, Bhaskar and Venkatesham finished as number two in their respective groups.
Apart from the Indians, the other four players who qualified for knockout stage are Praput Chaithanasukan and Thawat Sujaritthurakarn from Thailand, Nay Thway Oo from Myanmar and Nguyen Thanh Binh from Vietnam.
Quarterfinals line-up (tomorrow):
Rupesh Shah vs Nay Thway Oo; Thawat Sujaritthurakarn vs Nguyen Thanh Binh; Alok Kumar vs B Bhaskar; Praput Chaithanasukan vs K Venkatesham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi