Four Indians in quarterfinals of Asian Billiards Championship
Indore: Four Indian cueists booked quarterfinal berths in the 12th ONGC Asian Billiards Championship after the completion of round-robin stage here on Thursday.
Rupesh Shah, Alok Kumar, B Bhaskar and K Venkatesham advanced to the knockout stage after winning their respective matches at the Indore Tennis Club.
Rupesh claimed the top seed without losing any game out of three matches he played. He blanked Nguyen Thanh Long of Vietnam 4-0, scoring breaks of 101 and 99 points in opening two games on Thursday.
Alok Kumar topped Group D without losing any match. However, he finished as number three. The other two Indians, Bhaskar and Venkatesham finished as number two in their respective groups.
Apart from the Indians, the other four players who qualified for knockout stage are Praput Chaithanasukan and Thawat Sujaritthurakarn from Thailand, Nay Thway Oo from Myanmar and Nguyen Thanh Binh from Vietnam.
Quarterfinals line-up (tomorrow):
Rupesh Shah vs Nay Thway Oo; Thawat Sujaritthurakarn vs Nguyen Thanh Binh; Alok Kumar vs B Bhaskar; Praput Chaithanasukan vs K Venkatesham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit