Four Indians in quarterfinals of Asian Billiards Championship
Indore: Four Indian cueists booked quarterfinal berths in the 12th ONGC Asian Billiards Championship after the completion of round-robin stage here on Thursday.
Rupesh Shah, Alok Kumar, B Bhaskar and K Venkatesham advanced to the knockout stage after winning their respective matches at the Indore Tennis Club.
Rupesh claimed the top seed without losing any game out of three matches he played. He blanked Nguyen Thanh Long of Vietnam 4-0, scoring breaks of 101 and 99 points in opening two games on Thursday.
Alok Kumar topped Group D without losing any match. However, he finished as number three. The other two Indians, Bhaskar and Venkatesham finished as number two in their respective groups.
Apart from the Indians, the other four players who qualified for knockout stage are Praput Chaithanasukan and Thawat Sujaritthurakarn from Thailand, Nay Thway Oo from Myanmar and Nguyen Thanh Binh from Vietnam.
Quarterfinals line-up (tomorrow):
Rupesh Shah vs Nay Thway Oo; Thawat Sujaritthurakarn vs Nguyen Thanh Binh; Alok Kumar vs B Bhaskar; Praput Chaithanasukan vs K Venkatesham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing