Fraser-Pryce, Jeter walk out of press conference
Monaco: Jamaica’s Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce and her American counterpart Carmelita Jeter walked out of a press conference in Monaco held to promote the IAAF Diamond League meet, after refusing to answer questions about doping.
Both women are reported to have left the press conference Thursday that is usually held the day before a Diamond League meeting, after being pressed by reporters on the topic of doping.
Admitted failed drugs tests by Jamaican Asafa Powell and American Tyson Gay this week have rocked the track and field world just on the eve of the IAAF World Championships.
Fraser-Pryce and Jeter will renew their rivalry in the women`s 200m when they clash Friday at the Herculis Meeting, the penultimate stop on the IAAF Diamond League series before the IAAF World Championships start in Moscow, Russia, next month.
Fraser-Pryce, the leader in the Diamond race, has a season`s best 22.13 seconds and will face Jeter, who is coming back from an injury she suffered earlier this season.
A major showdown is expected in the men’s 100 m as Jamaicans Nickel Ashmeade and Kemar Bailey-Cole line up against Kim Collins of St.Kitts and Americans Justin Gatlin and Michael Rodgers.
With Tyson Gay out of the World Championships after failing an out-of-competition drug test, Gatlin, who has a season`s best 9.89 seconds, will carry the American flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick