Fraser-Pryce, Jeter walk out of press conference
Monaco: Jamaica’s Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce and her American counterpart Carmelita Jeter walked out of a press conference in Monaco held to promote the IAAF Diamond League meet, after refusing to answer questions about doping.
Both women are reported to have left the press conference Thursday that is usually held the day before a Diamond League meeting, after being pressed by reporters on the topic of doping.
Admitted failed drugs tests by Jamaican Asafa Powell and American Tyson Gay this week have rocked the track and field world just on the eve of the IAAF World Championships.
Fraser-Pryce and Jeter will renew their rivalry in the women`s 200m when they clash Friday at the Herculis Meeting, the penultimate stop on the IAAF Diamond League series before the IAAF World Championships start in Moscow, Russia, next month.
Fraser-Pryce, the leader in the Diamond race, has a season`s best 22.13 seconds and will face Jeter, who is coming back from an injury she suffered earlier this season.
A major showdown is expected in the men’s 100 m as Jamaicans Nickel Ashmeade and Kemar Bailey-Cole line up against Kim Collins of St.Kitts and Americans Justin Gatlin and Michael Rodgers.
With Tyson Gay out of the World Championships after failing an out-of-competition drug test, Gatlin, who has a season`s best 9.89 seconds, will carry the American flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM