Fraser-Pryce, Jeter walk out of press conference
Monaco: Jamaica’s Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce and her American counterpart Carmelita Jeter walked out of a press conference in Monaco held to promote the IAAF Diamond League meet, after refusing to answer questions about doping.
Both women are reported to have left the press conference Thursday that is usually held the day before a Diamond League meeting, after being pressed by reporters on the topic of doping.
Admitted failed drugs tests by Jamaican Asafa Powell and American Tyson Gay this week have rocked the track and field world just on the eve of the IAAF World Championships.
Fraser-Pryce and Jeter will renew their rivalry in the women`s 200m when they clash Friday at the Herculis Meeting, the penultimate stop on the IAAF Diamond League series before the IAAF World Championships start in Moscow, Russia, next month.
Fraser-Pryce, the leader in the Diamond race, has a season`s best 22.13 seconds and will face Jeter, who is coming back from an injury she suffered earlier this season.
A major showdown is expected in the men’s 100 m as Jamaicans Nickel Ashmeade and Kemar Bailey-Cole line up against Kim Collins of St.Kitts and Americans Justin Gatlin and Michael Rodgers.
With Tyson Gay out of the World Championships after failing an out-of-competition drug test, Gatlin, who has a season`s best 9.89 seconds, will carry the American flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?