Fraser-Pryce shortlisted for award after triple gold
London: Jamaican sprint queen Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce was shortlisted alongside shot putter Valerie Adams and hurdler Zuzana Hejnova for the female Athlete of the Year award on Tuesday.
Fraser-Pryce won gold medals in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay at August`s world championships in Moscow, while New Zealand`s twice Olympic champion Adams collected a fourth world title in the Russian capital.
Czech Republic`s Hejnova, who broke 53 seconds for the first time in her career when she demolished the opposition to win the 400 metres hurdles title in Moscow, completes the list.
The men`s shortlist of sprinter Usain Bolt, high jumper Bohdan Bondarenko and distance runner Mo Farah was announced on Monday and award winners will be revealed at the World Athletics Gala in Monaco on November 16, the IAAF said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway