Fraser-Pryce shortlisted for award after triple gold
London: Jamaican sprint queen Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce was shortlisted alongside shot putter Valerie Adams and hurdler Zuzana Hejnova for the female Athlete of the Year award on Tuesday.
Fraser-Pryce won gold medals in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay at August`s world championships in Moscow, while New Zealand`s twice Olympic champion Adams collected a fourth world title in the Russian capital.
Czech Republic`s Hejnova, who broke 53 seconds for the first time in her career when she demolished the opposition to win the 400 metres hurdles title in Moscow, completes the list.
The men`s shortlist of sprinter Usain Bolt, high jumper Bohdan Bondarenko and distance runner Mo Farah was announced on Monday and award winners will be revealed at the World Athletics Gala in Monaco on November 16, the IAAF said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray