Fraser Pryce to run the 100m in Paris
Kingston (Jamaica): Two-time Olympic 100 metres champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce will compete at the Paris Diamond League July 6.
Fraser-Pryce will race in the 100m for which she has a world leading 10.93 seconds this season.
She joins countryman Usain Bolt as headliners of the Stade de France meet.
Fraser-Pryce will line up against the impressive Murielle Ahoure of Ivory Coast who has been improving steadily since making the finals of the 100m and 200m at last summer`s London Olympics.
As the 2012 Diamond League winner, Fraser-Pryce qualifies for the event at the Moscow World Championship, which will be held shortly after the Paris meet.
However she will have to compete at Jamaica’s National Trials to make the 200m team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister