Fraser Pryce to run the 100m in Paris
Kingston (Jamaica): Two-time Olympic 100 metres champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce will compete at the Paris Diamond League July 6.
Fraser-Pryce will race in the 100m for which she has a world leading 10.93 seconds this season.
She joins countryman Usain Bolt as headliners of the Stade de France meet.
Fraser-Pryce will line up against the impressive Murielle Ahoure of Ivory Coast who has been improving steadily since making the finals of the 100m and 200m at last summer`s London Olympics.
As the 2012 Diamond League winner, Fraser-Pryce qualifies for the event at the Moscow World Championship, which will be held shortly after the Paris meet.
However she will have to compete at Jamaica’s National Trials to make the 200m team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok