French cosmetic firm latest to drop Pistorius’ advertising campaign
Johannesburg: Joining the list of fleeing sponsors of Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius, a French cosmetic firm has said that it dropping an advertising campaign featuring the ‘Bladerunner’ who is facing charges of killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine’s Day.
Pistorius had featured in ads for the cosmetic company Clarin’s ‘A*Men’ fragrance of the Thierry Mugler brand, which is part of the cosmetic group, Sport24 reports.
In view of the decision, Clarin’s had stated that Thierry Mugler Perfumes has taken the decision to withdraw all its campaigns with Pistorius out of respect and compassion for the families implicated in this tragedy.
Several campaigns featuring Pistorius have been withdrawn since his arrest last week, with sports giant Nike and sunglasses maker Oakley also cutting ties with the athlete.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM