French cosmetic firm latest to drop Pistorius’ advertising campaign
Johannesburg: Joining the list of fleeing sponsors of Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius, a French cosmetic firm has said that it dropping an advertising campaign featuring the ‘Bladerunner’ who is facing charges of killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine’s Day.
Pistorius had featured in ads for the cosmetic company Clarin’s ‘A*Men’ fragrance of the Thierry Mugler brand, which is part of the cosmetic group, Sport24 reports.
In view of the decision, Clarin’s had stated that Thierry Mugler Perfumes has taken the decision to withdraw all its campaigns with Pistorius out of respect and compassion for the families implicated in this tragedy.
Several campaigns featuring Pistorius have been withdrawn since his arrest last week, with sports giant Nike and sunglasses maker Oakley also cutting ties with the athlete.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch