French cosmetic firm latest to drop Pistorius’ advertising campaign
Johannesburg: Joining the list of fleeing sponsors of Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius, a French cosmetic firm has said that it dropping an advertising campaign featuring the ‘Bladerunner’ who is facing charges of killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine’s Day.
Pistorius had featured in ads for the cosmetic company Clarin’s ‘A*Men’ fragrance of the Thierry Mugler brand, which is part of the cosmetic group, Sport24 reports.
In view of the decision, Clarin’s had stated that Thierry Mugler Perfumes has taken the decision to withdraw all its campaigns with Pistorius out of respect and compassion for the families implicated in this tragedy.
Several campaigns featuring Pistorius have been withdrawn since his arrest last week, with sports giant Nike and sunglasses maker Oakley also cutting ties with the athlete.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!