Freund celebrates back-to-back World Cup wins
Berlin: Germany`s Severin Freund celebrated back-to-back World Cup wins on Friday with victory on the large hill at Lahti in Finland.
Freund, 27, who won a gold medal in the team event at the Winter Olympics, clinched his seventh career win and moved into third place in the World Cup standings.
He had also won in Falun in Sweden on Wednesday.
Freund scored 276.6 points to finish ahead of Austria`s Stefan Kraft (265.6 pts) while double Olympic champion Kamil Stoch of Poland took third place (259.8 pts).
Slovenia`s Peter Prevc was fourth and retains the overall World Cup lead with a seven-point edge over Stoch.
1. Severin Freund (GER) 276.6 pts (131.0 - 127.5 m), 2. Stefan Kraft (AUT) 265.6 (125.0 - 134.0 m), 3. Kamil Stoch (POL) 259.8 (127.0 - 124.5 m), 4. Peter Prevc (SLO) 259.6 (125.5 - 123.5 m), 5. Anssi Koivuranta (FIN) 259.0 (128.5 - 126.5 m)
World Cup standings (after 23 of 29 rounds):
1. Peter Prevc (SLO) 1038 pts, 2. Kamil Stoch (POL) 1031, 3. Severin Freund (GER) 827, 4. Noriaki Kasai (JPN) 806, 5. Gregor Schlierenzauer (AUT) 715
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials