Freund celebrates back-to-back World Cup wins
Berlin: Germany`s Severin Freund celebrated back-to-back World Cup wins on Friday with victory on the large hill at Lahti in Finland.
Freund, 27, who won a gold medal in the team event at the Winter Olympics, clinched his seventh career win and moved into third place in the World Cup standings.
He had also won in Falun in Sweden on Wednesday.
Freund scored 276.6 points to finish ahead of Austria`s Stefan Kraft (265.6 pts) while double Olympic champion Kamil Stoch of Poland took third place (259.8 pts).
Slovenia`s Peter Prevc was fourth and retains the overall World Cup lead with a seven-point edge over Stoch.
1. Severin Freund (GER) 276.6 pts (131.0 - 127.5 m), 2. Stefan Kraft (AUT) 265.6 (125.0 - 134.0 m), 3. Kamil Stoch (POL) 259.8 (127.0 - 124.5 m), 4. Peter Prevc (SLO) 259.6 (125.5 - 123.5 m), 5. Anssi Koivuranta (FIN) 259.0 (128.5 - 126.5 m)
World Cup standings (after 23 of 29 rounds):
1. Peter Prevc (SLO) 1038 pts, 2. Kamil Stoch (POL) 1031, 3. Severin Freund (GER) 827, 4. Noriaki Kasai (JPN) 806, 5. Gregor Schlierenzauer (AUT) 715
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state