German Olympic champion banned for doping
Vienna: Former Olympic champion Evi Sachenbacher-Stehle has been handed a two-year ban for doping at the Sochi Olympic Games in February.
The International Biathlon Union (IBU) said Wednesday the German "committed an in-competition doping offence at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games", reported Xinhua.
Her two-year suspension will be counted from Feb 17, 2014, a statement by the IBU`s anti-doping hearing panel said.
Sachenbacher-Stehle tested positive for stimulant methylhexanamine following the biathlon mass start Feb 17, in which she finished fourth.
The 33-year-old won cross-country Olympic gold in 2002 and 2010 before switching to biathlon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing