German Olympic champion banned for doping
Vienna: Former Olympic champion Evi Sachenbacher-Stehle has been handed a two-year ban for doping at the Sochi Olympic Games in February.
The International Biathlon Union (IBU) said Wednesday the German "committed an in-competition doping offence at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games", reported Xinhua.
Her two-year suspension will be counted from Feb 17, 2014, a statement by the IBU`s anti-doping hearing panel said.
Sachenbacher-Stehle tested positive for stimulant methylhexanamine following the biathlon mass start Feb 17, in which she finished fourth.
The 33-year-old won cross-country Olympic gold in 2002 and 2010 before switching to biathlon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player