German Olympic champion banned for doping
Vienna: Former Olympic champion Evi Sachenbacher-Stehle has been handed a two-year ban for doping at the Sochi Olympic Games in February.
The International Biathlon Union (IBU) said Wednesday the German "committed an in-competition doping offence at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games", reported Xinhua.
Her two-year suspension will be counted from Feb 17, 2014, a statement by the IBU`s anti-doping hearing panel said.
Sachenbacher-Stehle tested positive for stimulant methylhexanamine following the biathlon mass start Feb 17, in which she finished fourth.
The 33-year-old won cross-country Olympic gold in 2002 and 2010 before switching to biathlon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!
- Leave 'as soon as possible', EU chiefs tell Britain after Brexit vote
- Guidelines framed for transfer of online credits to regular courses
- BCCI to host mini IPL overseas in September
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic faces Roger Federer in the semi-final clash