Germany ready to defend title at Junior World Cup Hockey
New Delhi: Germany coach Andre Henning today said that his side had a satisfactory preparation for the Hero Junior World Cup Hockey and they were ready to defend their title when the tournament begins here on Thursday.
"The entire team looked good in the practice match and this gives us the confidence of being a strong team for the series. Our team is ready to give its 100 percent to defend the title. We will give a tough time to our opponents on the field and try winning every match," Henning said after his side`s practice match against Australia.
Germany come into this tournament not only as the defending champions but also as the most successful nation in the competition with five titles in their name.
But they could only manage a third place finish at last year`s EuroHockey Junior Nations Championship. So, they may need to step up their game if they are going to defend their crown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!