Ghaley upsets Narang, Rajput for 50m rifle prone gold
Pune: Army marksman Sushil Ghaley shocked Commonwealth Games champion Gagan Narang and former CWG bronze winner Sanjeev Rajput to win the gold medal in the 50m rifle prone event at the 55th National Shooting Championship on Sunday.
Ghaley qualified for the finals with an impressive score of 596, and then did enough in the summit round to edge out Air India`s Narang for the gold, logging 699.4 points.
Narang is a two-time individual winner of the 50m rifle 3-position at the CWG (2006 Melbourne and 2010 Delhi). He got the silver with 696.8, while Haryana-born Navy shooter Rajput, who had won the prone bronze in 2006 CWG at Melbourne, was beaten to the fourth spot by Army`s Shivaji More.
More tallied 695.1, to Rajput`s 693.7.
The results: Men`s 50m rifle prone: 1. Sushil Ghaley (Army) 699.4 (596+103.4); 2. Gagan Narang (AI) 696.8 (594+102.8); 3. Shivaji More (Army) 695.1 (592+103.1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum