Ghosal loses to Willstrop in World Squash
Doha: India`s Saurav Ghosal exited from the World Squash Championship after losing to World No.1 James Willstrop in the pre-quarterfinals on Tuesday.
Ghoshal, ranked 21, failed to stretch the Englishman and lost 6-11, 7-11, 2-11 in 49 minutes. Ghosal took a 6-2 lead in the first before Willstrop came back to take control of the match.
The 26-year-old Indian reached the round of 16 beating local hope Abdulla Al Tamimi and Egyptian Karim Abdel Gawad.
Siddharth Suchde, India`s other representation in the premier event, lost in the opening round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines