Gold, bronze for Indian cueists
Carlow: The Indian team of Vidya Pillai and Arantxa Sanchis won the gold medal by defeating Hong Kong 3-2 in the final of the World 6-Red snooker championship here.
Pillai and Sanchis overcame the Hong Kong duo of Ng On Yee and So Man You 23-74, 68-41, 51-46, 4-64, 55-36 Sunday while the second Indian team of Chitra Magimairaj and 16-year old Varshaa Sanjeev received a bronze medal as the losing semi-finalists.
The Billiards and Snooker Federation of India congratulated the Indian women’s teams for their achievements in the competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic