Gold, bronze for Indian cueists
Carlow: The Indian team of Vidya Pillai and Arantxa Sanchis won the gold medal by defeating Hong Kong 3-2 in the final of the World 6-Red snooker championship here.
Pillai and Sanchis overcame the Hong Kong duo of Ng On Yee and So Man You 23-74, 68-41, 51-46, 4-64, 55-36 Sunday while the second Indian team of Chitra Magimairaj and 16-year old Varshaa Sanjeev received a bronze medal as the losing semi-finalists.
The Billiards and Snooker Federation of India congratulated the Indian women’s teams for their achievements in the competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read