Gold medallist tribal athlete gets promises but no flat
Nashik: Gold medal winning athlete Anjana Dhavalu Thamke, hailing from a tribal family in Ganeshgaon village is busy constructing her own house despite promises from the state government of a `flat` as gift.
After she won a gold medal in the recently held 800-metre Asian athletics championship by creating a new national record, no flat has been allotted to her so far anywhere in Nashik, despite Maharashtra`s ruling parties assurances.
"I, my parents and other relatives are presently busy constructing our house on our own, at my native village at Ganeshgaon in Trimbakeshwar taluka of Nashik district," Anjana said.
Earlier, she was felicitated by government officials and a social organisation in Nashik for her success, while Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had presented her with a Nano car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured