Gold medallist tribal athlete gets promises but no flat
Nashik: Gold medal winning athlete Anjana Dhavalu Thamke, hailing from a tribal family in Ganeshgaon village is busy constructing her own house despite promises from the state government of a `flat` as gift.
After she won a gold medal in the recently held 800-metre Asian athletics championship by creating a new national record, no flat has been allotted to her so far anywhere in Nashik, despite Maharashtra`s ruling parties assurances.
"I, my parents and other relatives are presently busy constructing our house on our own, at my native village at Ganeshgaon in Trimbakeshwar taluka of Nashik district," Anjana said.
Earlier, she was felicitated by government officials and a social organisation in Nashik for her success, while Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had presented her with a Nano car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city