Good start for Indian women in Asian TT
Lucknow: Reigning woman national champion
Kumaresan Shamini came out with an impressive performance as
India went off to a good start on the opening day of the 19th
Asian Table Tennis Championships here on Monday.
Shamini registered a comprehensive victory over Sengdavan
Douangpanya as the hosts spanked Laos 3-0 in a Group D match
in the prestigious tournament.
The Chennai girl then led from the front, helping the
hosts beat Nepal and Kazakhstan - both with 3-0 scoreline in
the First Division.
Meanwhile, Indian men`s team was lucky to get a walk-over
from Turkmenistan in their first Group B match and then
spanked Jordan 3-0.
They would now face Uzbekistan in their last group match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!