Good start for Indian women in Asian TT
Lucknow: Reigning woman national champion
Kumaresan Shamini came out with an impressive performance as
India went off to a good start on the opening day of the 19th
Asian Table Tennis Championships here on Monday.
Shamini registered a comprehensive victory over Sengdavan
Douangpanya as the hosts spanked Laos 3-0 in a Group D match
in the prestigious tournament.
The Chennai girl then led from the front, helping the
hosts beat Nepal and Kazakhstan - both with 3-0 scoreline in
the First Division.
Meanwhile, Indian men`s team was lucky to get a walk-over
from Turkmenistan in their first Group B match and then
spanked Jordan 3-0.
They would now face Uzbekistan in their last group match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH