Good start for Indian women in Asian TT
Lucknow: Reigning woman national champion
Kumaresan Shamini came out with an impressive performance as
India went off to a good start on the opening day of the 19th
Asian Table Tennis Championships here on Monday.
Shamini registered a comprehensive victory over Sengdavan
Douangpanya as the hosts spanked Laos 3-0 in a Group D match
in the prestigious tournament.
The Chennai girl then led from the front, helping the
hosts beat Nepal and Kazakhstan - both with 3-0 scoreline in
the First Division.
Meanwhile, Indian men`s team was lucky to get a walk-over
from Turkmenistan in their first Group B match and then
spanked Jordan 3-0.
They would now face Uzbekistan in their last group match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan ups ante, says will ask UNHRC to send fact-finding team to Kashmir
- Hafiz Saeed confirms his association with separatist leader Asiya Andrabi, Burhani Wani
- IMF expresses confidence in Christine Lagarde as French court orders trial
- Petition in Pak court seeks registration of FIR against PM Modi
- HC junks Vodafone plea against IT demand of over Rs 7.5 crore