Good start for Indian women in Asian TT
Lucknow: Reigning woman national champion
Kumaresan Shamini came out with an impressive performance as
India went off to a good start on the opening day of the 19th
Asian Table Tennis Championships here on Monday.
Shamini registered a comprehensive victory over Sengdavan
Douangpanya as the hosts spanked Laos 3-0 in a Group D match
in the prestigious tournament.
The Chennai girl then led from the front, helping the
hosts beat Nepal and Kazakhstan - both with 3-0 scoreline in
the First Division.
Meanwhile, Indian men`s team was lucky to get a walk-over
from Turkmenistan in their first Group B match and then
spanked Jordan 3-0.
They would now face Uzbekistan in their last group match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?