Government clears foreign training for swimmers for Olympics
New Delhi: The sports ministry Thursday cleared training of the three-member Indian swimming team at Germany`s Olympic Centre in Frankfurt to prepare for the 2012 London Games.
The three-member team, comprising Virdhawal Khade and Sandeep Sejwal along with their coach Nihar Ameen, will train from June 1 to July 24 before joining the Indian contingent in London for the Games that start July 27.
The government will bear their full training cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery