Government to search for talented sportspersons
New Delhi: The government will soon implement a national programme to identify "youngsters who have sports expertise", Minister of State for Sports Sarbananda Sonowal said Wednesday.
"Youngsters who have sports expertise will be identified through the National Sports Talent Search programme," Sonowal said replying supplementaries in the Rajya Sabha.
"The government will train them in sports and games to represent the country in international events," he said.
He said special attention will be paid to the backward areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video