Government to search for talented sportspersons
New Delhi: The government will soon implement a national programme to identify "youngsters who have sports expertise", Minister of State for Sports Sarbananda Sonowal said Wednesday.
"Youngsters who have sports expertise will be identified through the National Sports Talent Search programme," Sonowal said replying supplementaries in the Rajya Sabha.
"The government will train them in sports and games to represent the country in international events," he said.
He said special attention will be paid to the backward areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border