Graham Reid named new Australia hockey coach
Graham Reid has replaced Ric Charlesworth as coach of the world champion Australian men`s field hockey team, Hockey Australia (HA) said Thursday.
Sydney: Graham Reid has replaced Ric Charlesworth as coach of the world champion Australian men`s field hockey team, Hockey Australia (HA) said Thursday.
Reid, 50, has been an assistant coach with the Kookaburras since 2009 and took joint charge of the team at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in July following Charlesworth`s decision to step down.
"Graham Reid was the unanimous choice of the coaching panel in what was a very difficult decision," HA chief executive Cam Vale said.
A former Kookaburra, two-time Olympian Reid made 130 appearances for Australia between 1984 and 1992, ending his international career with a silver medal at the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers