Graham Reid named new Australia hockey coach
Graham Reid has replaced Ric Charlesworth as coach of the world champion Australian men`s field hockey team, Hockey Australia (HA) said Thursday.
Sydney: Graham Reid has replaced Ric Charlesworth as coach of the world champion Australian men`s field hockey team, Hockey Australia (HA) said Thursday.
Reid, 50, has been an assistant coach with the Kookaburras since 2009 and took joint charge of the team at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in July following Charlesworth`s decision to step down.
"Graham Reid was the unanimous choice of the coaching panel in what was a very difficult decision," HA chief executive Cam Vale said.
A former Kookaburra, two-time Olympian Reid made 130 appearances for Australia between 1984 and 1992, ending his international career with a silver medal at the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon