Great Khali embroiled in land encroachment feud
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Paonta Sahib / Himachal Pradesh: Dalip Singh Rana, better known in international wrestling as Great Khali, was dragged in a land encroachment feud as soon as he reached Paonta Sahib from where he was supposed to move to his native place Dhirana for Diwali celebrations. He was taken to the Police Station for further hearing on the dispute last evening.
A local resident accused Khali of illegally seizing lands owned by the villagers of Kishanpura village and lodged a formal complaint in the Police Station. Khali has vehemently denied any such move on his part and expressed anger towards the episode.
Khali had reached Paonta Sahib on Saturday and was lodged at Hotel Paonta Valley. The police reached the hotel at 6 pm and took Khali to the police station.
Khali had bought land in Gujjar Colony, adjoining Badripur, in Paonta Sahib when he was in India a few months ago. After getting it registered with local revenue authorities, he returned to his workplace, the US.
Investigations in the case are underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!