Great Khali embroiled in land encroachment feud
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Paonta Sahib / Himachal Pradesh: Dalip Singh Rana, better known in international wrestling as Great Khali, was dragged in a land encroachment feud as soon as he reached Paonta Sahib from where he was supposed to move to his native place Dhirana for Diwali celebrations. He was taken to the Police Station for further hearing on the dispute last evening.
A local resident accused Khali of illegally seizing lands owned by the villagers of Kishanpura village and lodged a formal complaint in the Police Station. Khali has vehemently denied any such move on his part and expressed anger towards the episode.
Khali had reached Paonta Sahib on Saturday and was lodged at Hotel Paonta Valley. The police reached the hotel at 6 pm and took Khali to the police station.
Khali had bought land in Gujjar Colony, adjoining Badripur, in Paonta Sahib when he was in India a few months ago. After getting it registered with local revenue authorities, he returned to his workplace, the US.
Investigations in the case are underway.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know