Guron wins gold; Heena, Annuraj vie for top prize in pistol
New Delhi: P P S Guron of Chattisgarh won the men`s skeet gold medal while Olympians Heena Sidhu and Annuraj Singh were gunning for the top prize in the women`s air pistol event on the 11th day of the 56th Shooting National Championship here on Saturday.
Guron shot 120 + 25 in the qualifiers and finals respectively, to clinch the gold medal, and he was followed by Punjab`s Smit Singh (119 + 25) and A D Peoples (120 + 24) of Army.
In the women`s air pistol event, Sidhu was leading the with 383, followed by Annuraj and Shreya Gawande of Maharashtra, who was placed third with 381.
On the first day of the men`s rapid fire pistol event, Harpreet Singh of Navy was leading with 290, and he was followed by Gurpreet Singh (289) of Army and Maharashtra`s Akshay Ashtaputre (288).
The finals of the above two events will be conducted on Sunday.
In the skeet junior event, Abbas Ansari of Punjab won the gold with 114. Karanvir Singh Sekhon of Punjab bagged the silver with 109 while the bronze went to Rajasthan`s Anant Jeet Singh Naruka who shot 108.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Brexit Vote: UK decides to quit European Union; PM David Cameron to resign
- BJD members stone Textile Minister Santosh Gangwar’s car in Odisha, MLA arrested
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Govt, RBI seek to soothe wracked investor nerves after Brexit
- Chicago University welcomes Raghuram Rajan back to academics