Guron wins gold; Heena, Annuraj vie for top prize in pistol
New Delhi: P P S Guron of Chattisgarh won the men`s skeet gold medal while Olympians Heena Sidhu and Annuraj Singh were gunning for the top prize in the women`s air pistol event on the 11th day of the 56th Shooting National Championship here on Saturday.
Guron shot 120 + 25 in the qualifiers and finals respectively, to clinch the gold medal, and he was followed by Punjab`s Smit Singh (119 + 25) and A D Peoples (120 + 24) of Army.
In the women`s air pistol event, Sidhu was leading the with 383, followed by Annuraj and Shreya Gawande of Maharashtra, who was placed third with 381.
On the first day of the men`s rapid fire pistol event, Harpreet Singh of Navy was leading with 290, and he was followed by Gurpreet Singh (289) of Army and Maharashtra`s Akshay Ashtaputre (288).
The finals of the above two events will be conducted on Sunday.
In the skeet junior event, Abbas Ansari of Punjab won the gold with 114. Karanvir Singh Sekhon of Punjab bagged the silver with 109 while the bronze went to Rajasthan`s Anant Jeet Singh Naruka who shot 108.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information