Guron wins gold; Heena, Annuraj vie for top prize in pistol
New Delhi: P P S Guron of Chattisgarh won the men`s skeet gold medal while Olympians Heena Sidhu and Annuraj Singh were gunning for the top prize in the women`s air pistol event on the 11th day of the 56th Shooting National Championship here on Saturday.
Guron shot 120 + 25 in the qualifiers and finals respectively, to clinch the gold medal, and he was followed by Punjab`s Smit Singh (119 + 25) and A D Peoples (120 + 24) of Army.
In the women`s air pistol event, Sidhu was leading the with 383, followed by Annuraj and Shreya Gawande of Maharashtra, who was placed third with 381.
On the first day of the men`s rapid fire pistol event, Harpreet Singh of Navy was leading with 290, and he was followed by Gurpreet Singh (289) of Army and Maharashtra`s Akshay Ashtaputre (288).
The finals of the above two events will be conducted on Sunday.
In the skeet junior event, Abbas Ansari of Punjab won the gold with 114. Karanvir Singh Sekhon of Punjab bagged the silver with 109 while the bronze went to Rajasthan`s Anant Jeet Singh Naruka who shot 108.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in