Gurusaidutt reach main draw of Malaysia Open
Kuala Lumpur: Indian shuttler RMV Gurusaidutt reached the main draw of the men`s singles competition of the Malaysia Super Series after notching up contrasting victories in the first two rounds of the qualifiers here on Tuesday.
Gurusaidutt first staved off the challenge from Andre Kurniawan Tedjono of Indonesia 21-23, 21-18 21-14 and then brushed aside Yan Kit Chan of Hong Kong in the next match, 21-13, 21-9.
However, for qualifiers Anand Pawar and Sai Praneeth B it was end of the road as they failed to cross the first qualifying round here.
Anand lost 16-21, 12-21 to Korea`s Ji Hoon Hong, while Praneeth was defeated by Malaysia`s Zulfadli Zulkiffli 18-21, 18-21 in another round .
Manu Attri and Summeth Reddy B also lost in the opening qualifying round to Malaysian pair of Yee Han Chong and Kian Meng Tan in men`s doubles.
Sanjeeth S and Jagadish Yadav, too failed to stave off the challenge of local combo of Zheng Yi Kok and Keat Zhen Kong in another men`s doubles qualifying match.
In the mixed doubles competition, Akshay Dewalkar and Pradnya Gadre defeated Calvin Jia Hong Ong and To Chia Vern See of Malaysia 21-12, 21-15 to make it to the second qualifying round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site