Gurusaidutt reach main draw of Malaysia Open
Kuala Lumpur: Indian shuttler RMV Gurusaidutt reached the main draw of the men`s singles competition of the Malaysia Super Series after notching up contrasting victories in the first two rounds of the qualifiers here on Tuesday.
Gurusaidutt first staved off the challenge from Andre Kurniawan Tedjono of Indonesia 21-23, 21-18 21-14 and then brushed aside Yan Kit Chan of Hong Kong in the next match, 21-13, 21-9.
However, for qualifiers Anand Pawar and Sai Praneeth B it was end of the road as they failed to cross the first qualifying round here.
Anand lost 16-21, 12-21 to Korea`s Ji Hoon Hong, while Praneeth was defeated by Malaysia`s Zulfadli Zulkiffli 18-21, 18-21 in another round .
Manu Attri and Summeth Reddy B also lost in the opening qualifying round to Malaysian pair of Yee Han Chong and Kian Meng Tan in men`s doubles.
Sanjeeth S and Jagadish Yadav, too failed to stave off the challenge of local combo of Zheng Yi Kok and Keat Zhen Kong in another men`s doubles qualifying match.
In the mixed doubles competition, Akshay Dewalkar and Pradnya Gadre defeated Calvin Jia Hong Ong and To Chia Vern See of Malaysia 21-12, 21-15 to make it to the second qualifying round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional