‘Happy and relaxed’ final picture of Reeva Steenkamp emerges from leaked CCTV footage
London: The last picture of Paralympic champion Oscar Pistorius’ slain girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp has emerged following the publication of a leaked CCTV footage of the model, who seemed happy and relaxed, as she arrived at Pistorius’ home the night she died.
The CCTV footage emerged as Cecil Myers, a commercial printer and the father of Steenkamp’s best friend Gina, claimed that Steenkamp did not originally plan to stay with Pistorius the night she died, but changed her mind because it became too late for her to drive home safely, the Telegraph reports.
The CCTV footage, which was shown by a South African documentary programme called Carte Blanche, also showed Pistorius passing through the same security checkpoint a few minutes after his girlfriend, the report added.
Within hours, Steenkamp was dead, shot four times by Pistorius, who claimed that he mistook her for an intruder at his home on the Silver Woods estate in Pretoria, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation