Harden`s last-second jumper lifts Rockets over Spurs
Houston: James Harden`s jumper in closing time lifted the Houston Rockets to a white-knuckle 96-95 victory over the San Antonio Spurs in the National Basketball Association (NBA) at the Toyota Center.
Tony Parker scored 23 points, including 10 in a row, to put the Spurs ahead with just under two minutes left Sunday night.
The Spurs led 95-94 when Harden got the ball from Omer Asik and sank an off-balance jumper with 4.5 seconds left to lift the Rockets to the close win.
Harden finished with 29 points, nine rebounds and six assists. Chandler Parsons scored 20 points and Asik grabbed 14 rebounds for the Rockets.
Tim Duncan had 17 points and seven rebounds for the Spurs.
The Rockets improved to 39-31 to get within a half-game of the sixth-seeded Golden State Warriors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence