Harjot Singh wins three gold medals in Shooting Championship
Asansol (WB): Chandigarh boy Harjot Singh created a new record in the 23rd All India G V Mavlankar Shooting Championship here by winning three gold medals.
Today, the penultimate day of the 10-day Shooting championship, Harjot won his third gold medal in the 25 metre standard pistol junior men individual event with 265 points.
Earlier, he had won gold medals in the 25 metre centre fire pistol in junior men`s individual with 261 point and 25 metre sport pistol junior men`s individual with 265 points.
Local boy Kalyan Banerjee won the gold medal in 50 metre men`s individual small bore free rifle prone with 501 point.
Following the win of Asansol, hosts Bengal are now on the top of medal list with three gold, three silver and one bronze medal.
Behind Bengal in the medal list is Chandigarh with three gold and one bronze medal. Assam is in third position in the medal list with two gold, two silver and one bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack