Harjot Singh wins three gold medals in Shooting Championship
Asansol (WB): Chandigarh boy Harjot Singh created a new record in the 23rd All India G V Mavlankar Shooting Championship here by winning three gold medals.
Today, the penultimate day of the 10-day Shooting championship, Harjot won his third gold medal in the 25 metre standard pistol junior men individual event with 265 points.
Earlier, he had won gold medals in the 25 metre centre fire pistol in junior men`s individual with 261 point and 25 metre sport pistol junior men`s individual with 265 points.
Local boy Kalyan Banerjee won the gold medal in 50 metre men`s individual small bore free rifle prone with 501 point.
Following the win of Asansol, hosts Bengal are now on the top of medal list with three gold, three silver and one bronze medal.
Behind Bengal in the medal list is Chandigarh with three gold and one bronze medal. Assam is in third position in the medal list with two gold, two silver and one bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media