Harpreet Singh wins Mumbai-Pune cycling race
Mumbai: Harpreet Singh of Central Railway won the 50th edition of the Mumbai-Pune cycling race on Sunday.
Singh completed the 156-km race in three hours, 43 minutes and 35.32 seconds to pocket a prize money of Rs 61,000.
He was followed by Paramjeet Singh, Gurmeet Singh (both from Army) and Amandeep Singh (Patiala).
A total of 191 cyclists including participants from Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Central Railway, South Central Railway, Army, Punjab, Jharkhand, UP, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh took part in the event.
The annual event, held on the occasion of the 70th birthday of NCP chief Sharad Pawar, was organised by the Baramati Mitra Mandal and Maharashtra Cycling Association.
The total cash prize money for this year`s competition was Rs 6,50,000, with Rs 3,03,000 distributed among the first 10 cyclists who crossed the finishing line.
The race was flagged off from the Gateway of India, but the competitive race began from R K Studio in suburban Chembur at 8 am and ended at Sambhaji Garden in Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you