Haryana govt appoints two sportspersons as Constables
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government on Tuesday decided to appoint yoga player Anil Kumar and body-builder Anand as Constables under sports quota even as discus thrower Seema Antil has been promoted to the rank of Inspector.
Anil Kumar belongs to village Kungar in district Bhiwani and Anand is from village Khidwali in district Rohtak.
Although they fulfilled the prescribed age and educational qualifications, yet the government had to relax the criteria as yoga and body building are not covered under the term of sports since these are not recognized games.
These have been recognised as serving a motivational purpose, especially for newly recruited policemen for keeping fit through body discipline and to have good and fit bodies useful to the Force, an official release from state police department said here.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, under whose chairmanship the Cabinet meet was held, told reporters Seema Antil will be promoted from her present rank of ASI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you