Haryana govt appoints two sportspersons as Constables
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government on Tuesday decided to appoint yoga player Anil Kumar and body-builder Anand as Constables under sports quota even as discus thrower Seema Antil has been promoted to the rank of Inspector.
Anil Kumar belongs to village Kungar in district Bhiwani and Anand is from village Khidwali in district Rohtak.
Although they fulfilled the prescribed age and educational qualifications, yet the government had to relax the criteria as yoga and body building are not covered under the term of sports since these are not recognized games.
These have been recognised as serving a motivational purpose, especially for newly recruited policemen for keeping fit through body discipline and to have good and fit bodies useful to the Force, an official release from state police department said here.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, under whose chairmanship the Cabinet meet was held, told reporters Seema Antil will be promoted from her present rank of ASI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan