Haryana govt appoints two sportspersons as Constables
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government on Tuesday decided to appoint yoga player Anil Kumar and body-builder Anand as Constables under sports quota even as discus thrower Seema Antil has been promoted to the rank of Inspector.
Anil Kumar belongs to village Kungar in district Bhiwani and Anand is from village Khidwali in district Rohtak.
Although they fulfilled the prescribed age and educational qualifications, yet the government had to relax the criteria as yoga and body building are not covered under the term of sports since these are not recognized games.
These have been recognised as serving a motivational purpose, especially for newly recruited policemen for keeping fit through body discipline and to have good and fit bodies useful to the Force, an official release from state police department said here.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, under whose chairmanship the Cabinet meet was held, told reporters Seema Antil will be promoted from her present rank of ASI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title