Haryana govt appoints two sportspersons as Constables
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government on Tuesday decided to appoint yoga player Anil Kumar and body-builder Anand as Constables under sports quota even as discus thrower Seema Antil has been promoted to the rank of Inspector.
Anil Kumar belongs to village Kungar in district Bhiwani and Anand is from village Khidwali in district Rohtak.
Although they fulfilled the prescribed age and educational qualifications, yet the government had to relax the criteria as yoga and body building are not covered under the term of sports since these are not recognized games.
These have been recognised as serving a motivational purpose, especially for newly recruited policemen for keeping fit through body discipline and to have good and fit bodies useful to the Force, an official release from state police department said here.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, under whose chairmanship the Cabinet meet was held, told reporters Seema Antil will be promoted from her present rank of ASI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official