Haryana, Jharkhand women enter semis of Sub-Jr National hockey
Bhopal: Haryana and Jharkhand eves entered the semi-finals of the third Hockey India Sub-Junior Men and Women National Championship (Final) 2013 at SAI Centre, here on Thursday.
Haryana registered their third consecutive win when they defeated Jharkhand 5-1 in a pool B match.
The goal scorers for Haryana were Ritu (53rd minute), Manpreet (60th), Navpreet (61st), Nidhi (69th) and Sonika (70th) while Nisha Rani (44th ) scored the only goal for Jharkhand.
On the basis of goal difference with other teams in pool B, Jharkhand have also qualified for the semi-finals.
In the other pool B match, Aishwarya Chavan scored twice to help Hockey Maharashtra register a 2-1 victory over Andhra Pradesh.
Chandigarh women registered easy 7-0 win over Karnataka in a pool A match.
Out of the two matches played in the tournament, Karnataka have failed to win a single match. Anjali scored maximum number of three goals for Chandigarh followed by Saroj (2), Manisha (1) and Poonam (1).
In another pool A game, Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy beat Odisha 2-0. MPHA scored through Anuja Singh (6th) and Suman (56th).
In the men`s competition, Jharkhand defeated Hockey Maharashtra 6-3 in pool A. Jharkhand scored through Mahendra Topno (9th), Amit Bhengra (27th), Deepak (56th, 64th), Joseph Nag (63rd) and Budu Tuti (69th) while Ajinkya Jadhav (49th) and Sumit Prasad (59th, 61st) were on target for Hockey Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police