Haryana, Jharkhand women enter semis of Sub-Jr National hockey
Bhopal: Haryana and Jharkhand eves entered the semi-finals of the third Hockey India Sub-Junior Men and Women National Championship (Final) 2013 at SAI Centre, here on Thursday.
Haryana registered their third consecutive win when they defeated Jharkhand 5-1 in a pool B match.
The goal scorers for Haryana were Ritu (53rd minute), Manpreet (60th), Navpreet (61st), Nidhi (69th) and Sonika (70th) while Nisha Rani (44th ) scored the only goal for Jharkhand.
On the basis of goal difference with other teams in pool B, Jharkhand have also qualified for the semi-finals.
In the other pool B match, Aishwarya Chavan scored twice to help Hockey Maharashtra register a 2-1 victory over Andhra Pradesh.
Chandigarh women registered easy 7-0 win over Karnataka in a pool A match.
Out of the two matches played in the tournament, Karnataka have failed to win a single match. Anjali scored maximum number of three goals for Chandigarh followed by Saroj (2), Manisha (1) and Poonam (1).
In another pool A game, Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy beat Odisha 2-0. MPHA scored through Anuja Singh (6th) and Suman (56th).
In the men`s competition, Jharkhand defeated Hockey Maharashtra 6-3 in pool A. Jharkhand scored through Mahendra Topno (9th), Amit Bhengra (27th), Deepak (56th, 64th), Joseph Nag (63rd) and Budu Tuti (69th) while Ajinkya Jadhav (49th) and Sumit Prasad (59th, 61st) were on target for Hockey Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok