Haryana thrash Mizoram 16-1
New Delhi: Haryana registered their second consecutive victory in Pool C after thrashing Mizoram 16-1 in the 3rd Hockey India Junior Men National Championship at Motilal Nehru Sports Complex, Rai in Sonepat on Wednesday.
The hosts scored through Nikhil Saroha (4, 67, 70 min), Satinder (14, 31, 33 min), Sahil (18, 45, 66 min), Sunil (18, 45, 66 min), Mohit (43, 49 min), Lovepreet (40 min), besides a own goal in 52 minute.
For Mizoram, Lalhmangaihzuala (55 min) scored the lone goal.
In another Pool C match, Chhattisgarh edged past Bengal 5-2.
In Pool G, Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy hammered Assam 13-2. MPHA scored through Manish Gurung (3 min), Abhay Yadav (8, 45 min), Arman Qureshi (9, 29, 38, 40, 46 min) and Mohd Nizamuddin (17, 27, 48, 53, 60 min), while Bidyut Damari (20 min) and Rajesh Boro (21 min) netted the ball for Assam.
In the other match of Pool G, Bihar routed Uttarakhand 3-2.
Odisha beat Jammu & Kashmir 18-0 in their Pool B league match. The goal scorers for Odisha were Alok Barla (12, 14, 34 min), Anand Lakra (15, 69 min), Teophil Kujur (24 min), Alsem Lakra (30, 33, 40, 46, 60, 64 min), Deepak Lugun (43 min), Nilam Sanjeep Xess (49 min), Kunjan Toppo (52 min) and Sunil Ekka (53, 59, 70 min).
Pool A: Kerala vs Mumbai Hockey Association Limted (0630hrs) and Punjab vs Jharkhand (0800hrs).
Pool C: Bengal vs Mizoram (0930hrs) and Haryana vs Chhattisgarh (1700hrs).
Pool E: Rajasthan vs Sports Authority of India (1400hrs) and Karnataka vs Manipur (1530hrs).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'