Haryana to face Railways in final
New Delhi: Defending champions Railways and last year`s runners-up Haryana entered into the final of the 3rd Hockey India Senior Women National Championship after winning their respective semifinal ties on Monday.
While Haryana scored a comprehensive 3-1 win over Punjab, Railways beat Jharkhand 2-1 at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in the Guru Gobind Singh Sports College in Lucknow.
After playing a goal-less half, Haryana forwards showcased their skills to take an upper hand in the second half.
Narinder scored the opening goal for Haryana in the 37th minute by converting a penalty corner, while Reena Devi hit the net in the 46th minute.
Three minutes later Udita scored another goal to give Haryana a 3-0 lead.
Punjab reduced the margin in the 52nd minute through Lalremruati.
Earlier, in the other semifinal match, Laurenua Kerketta scored two goals in the 30th and 34th minute for Railways.
Railways looked a better unit with a lot of composure, while Jharkhand committed errors that put them on the defensive for most part of the match before Punita Minz scored a lone goal in the last minute of the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'