Haryana to face Railways in final
New Delhi: Defending champions Railways and last year`s runners-up Haryana entered into the final of the 3rd Hockey India Senior Women National Championship after winning their respective semifinal ties on Monday.
While Haryana scored a comprehensive 3-1 win over Punjab, Railways beat Jharkhand 2-1 at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in the Guru Gobind Singh Sports College in Lucknow.
After playing a goal-less half, Haryana forwards showcased their skills to take an upper hand in the second half.
Narinder scored the opening goal for Haryana in the 37th minute by converting a penalty corner, while Reena Devi hit the net in the 46th minute.
Three minutes later Udita scored another goal to give Haryana a 3-0 lead.
Punjab reduced the margin in the 52nd minute through Lalremruati.
Earlier, in the other semifinal match, Laurenua Kerketta scored two goals in the 30th and 34th minute for Railways.
Railways looked a better unit with a lot of composure, while Jharkhand committed errors that put them on the defensive for most part of the match before Punita Minz scored a lone goal in the last minute of the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city