Haryana to face Railways in final
New Delhi: Defending champions Railways and last year`s runners-up Haryana entered into the final of the 3rd Hockey India Senior Women National Championship after winning their respective semifinal ties on Monday.
While Haryana scored a comprehensive 3-1 win over Punjab, Railways beat Jharkhand 2-1 at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in the Guru Gobind Singh Sports College in Lucknow.
After playing a goal-less half, Haryana forwards showcased their skills to take an upper hand in the second half.
Narinder scored the opening goal for Haryana in the 37th minute by converting a penalty corner, while Reena Devi hit the net in the 46th minute.
Three minutes later Udita scored another goal to give Haryana a 3-0 lead.
Punjab reduced the margin in the 52nd minute through Lalremruati.
Earlier, in the other semifinal match, Laurenua Kerketta scored two goals in the 30th and 34th minute for Railways.
Railways looked a better unit with a lot of composure, while Jharkhand committed errors that put them on the defensive for most part of the match before Punita Minz scored a lone goal in the last minute of the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Congress protests ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Smart City event in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru