Haryana women decimate Uttarakhand in sub-junior nationals
New Delhi: Hosts Haryana routed Uttarakhand 12-0 in its opening pool A match of the 3rd Hockey India sub-junior women national championship (North Zone) played at Sonepat on Wednesday.
Navneet Kaur scored five goals for Haryana while Preeti netted three. Devika Sen, Udita, Reet and Sukhvinder scored a goal each.
In the men`s event, four goals from Harmeet Singh helped Chandigarh register an easy 5-1 win over Delhi.
Chandigarh scored through Harmeet in the 6th, 14th, 48th and 63th minute while Maninderjeet Singh got one in the 50th minute.
Rahul (68) scored the only goal for Delhi.
In another match, Uttar Pradesh beat Uttarakhand 4-1.
Manish Rajbhar, Amit Singh, Arun Kumar and Abhay scored a goal each for Uttar Pradesh while Sumit Kumar scored the only goal for Uttarakhand.
Women`s: Pool A - Haryana 12 (Devika Sen 4, Navneet Kaur 10,11, 33, 43, 69, Preeti 12, 18, 27, Udita 13, Reet 26 and Sukhvinder 46) beat Uttarakhand 0.
Men`s: Pool A - Chandigarh 5 (Harmeet Singh 6, 14, 48, 63 and Maninderjeet Singh 50) beat Delhi 1 (Rahul 68)
Uttar Pradesh 4 (Manish Rajbhar 7, Amit Singh 10, Arun Kumar 28 and Abhay 69) beat Uttarakhand 1 (Sumit Kumar 47).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble