Hawks lose scoring leader Horford indefinitely
Atlanta: Atlanta Hawks scoring leader Al Horford will be sidelined indefinitely after suffering a torn right pectoral muscle, the NBA club announced Friday.
Horford, who has averaged 18.6 points as well as 8.4 rebounds and 2.6 assists over 29 games this season, suffered the injury during the Hawks` double-overtime victory on Thursday at Cleveland.
"We will work with Al and complete our due diligence to determine the next best steps for him," Hawks president of basketball operations and general manager Danny Ferry said.
"Injuries are part of the challenge of an NBA season."
At 16-13, the Hawks are one of only three teams in the Eastern Conference with a winning record. But they trail defending NBA champion Miami (22-6) by 6.5 games in the Southeast division with Indiana (23-5) the only other East club above .500.
The Hawks will play their first game without Horford on Saturday when they entertain the Charlotte Bobcats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price