Haye gives up facing Klitschkos after clash with Chisora
London: Former WBA champ David Haye has given up on facing Vitali Klitschko after his clash with Dereck Chisora.
Haye had hoped to take on WBC champion Vitali, 40, but the Ukrainian is set to face Syrian Manuel Charr on September 8, before hanging up his gloves to go into politics.
Wladimir, 36, has said he has no interest in facing Haye again, after adding the Londoner’s WBA belt to his IBF and WBO world titles in a points triumph last summer.
“The Klitschkos’ manager Bernd Boente said to fight Chisora and then the winner fights Vitali. Now it seems like he is fighting someone I’ve never heard of called Jimmy Carr, or something,” said Haye.
“There’s a reason for him choosing this opponent because they know Vitali will knock him out, look good and get a nice win before going into politics,” he added.
Londoner Haye, 31, admits his comeback at Upton Park on July 14, after announcing his retirement in October, is set to be for one fight only, after being left frozen out by the brothers.
“I’ve not thought beyond this fight but if there’s no Klitschko fight, it’s going to be back for one fight only. My last fight was a loss and if I had to stay retired it’s not ideal to go out on a loss, but I can put that right against Chisora,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'