Haye seeks greater fitness from martial arts expert ahead of bout
London: British heavyweight boxer David Haye has approached martial arts expert Bobby Rich, to deliver a fitter body ahead of his fight with American pugilist Dereck Chisora.
Rich, who just failed to make the GB judo team for the Beijing Olympics, was part of film maker Guy Ritchie’s backroom team for years, and is now doing the same job for Haye.
He will be in Haye’s corner for The Sun-backed fight against Dereck Chisora at Upton Park next week.
Rich revealed: “After many years of knowing Dave, I’m finally working for him. I’m his strength coach and conditioner but was also taken on to be his personal manager and deal with non-boxing things.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city